Saturday, June 24, 2017

And the Adventure Continues...

Yesterday's discoveries...

1) I was still sore from the whole Mt. Rushmore adventure.

2) A beautiful drive with the most enchanted little creek running through the trees beside the road.

3) A gorgeous waterfall that was glorious to see from the observation deck. 

4) I thought things were going quite well till I turned and saw the look in Dan's eye when he gazed up to.the.top....And so...

5) When crossing the raging river toward the falls, only step on the rocks sticking out of the water.



6) Waterfalls are beautiful when viewed up close from the bottom. 

7) When climbing the side of a cliff, don't grab the pine needles, grab the tree trunk.


8) Gravel is slippery. 


9) If you suddenly start to panic, just sit with your back pressed tightly against the rock wall. 

10) Take a paper bag with you in case of hyperventilation. Trust me. (Wild hair...Don't even care!)



11) When going back down, don't look. Just don't. 



12) It's okay to cry on the cliffs. 

13) When some kid runs towards you with no parent in sight, giddy with his freedom, hold your ground and make him step around you.

14) He climbs down, I slide on my bottom. It may not be a pretty descent, but it's effective. 


15) I am not a rock climber.

16) Every natural structure is a challenge for my crazy husband. Oh great, today we're going here, Devil's Tower. My stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment